Not a program, Self-regulated Strategy Development (SRSD) integrates all major learning theories into a practical set of strategies that enable teachers to see growth in both literacy and student independence. SRSD foregrounds writing & reading with deep attention to purpose, task, audience and social context. Developed by Dr. Karen Harris & colleagues, SRSD is fueled by 35 years of research and continuous innovation.
thinkSRSD’s passion is bringing SRSD to schools through blended learning. More than a PD provider, we’ve built an ongoing community. We are a growing network of schools across the nation and world, regularly connected by ever-growing eLearning modules and live webinars. Join us!
- Customized PD: Implement YOUR way
- Support that honors teacher expertise
- Beyond inform: transform pedagogy
- Structured expert guidance
In a nutshell, SRSD works. Teachers see immediate growth in quality of writing & reading comprehension, almost immediately. When a pedagogy works, teachers buy in.
- Structured, yet flexible approach
- Explicitly builds self-regulation
- Empower Individual literacy journeys
- Integrates all major learning theories
- Practical 6-stage gradual release model
What Schools Say About Partnering with thinkSRSD